Artificial flowers - how to look after
Our artificial flower arrangements look realistic and, with proper care, will hold their attractive look for long time. The major downfall - is dust buildup on the flowers and leaves over time, especially on arrangements located close to the street and busy traffic. This is the main factor that dulls the color and can make flower arrangements look more artificial than they would if they were clean. An important part of the care of silk flowers, therefore, involves controlling dust buildup. The good news is that there are a few ways to clean dust and dirt and refresh their appearance. Giving just little time your artificial flower arrangements should last for a few years.
How to clean our artificial flower arrangements
Methods to remove little dust (unsuitable for heavy dust)
- Use cleaning duster
- Use blow dryer or vacuum cleaner (apply a sock to cover the opening of the hose)
Methods to clean more dusty flower arrangements
- Use of compressed air that usually is used for cleaning computer parts and can be found in office supply stores
- Use a bag of salt or cornmeal (4-5 table spoons in a zip bag, shake about 1 min)
- Spray with water and vinegar 50/50 solution
- Use of flower cleaning sprays which are designed to dissolve dust and dirt such as Oasis.
More info you can find on WikiHow.com